Welcome to Delwood!
Delwood is a quiet, friendly neighbourhood in Northeast Edmonton. The community is close to great amenities in northeast Edmonton: two elementary schools in the community, junior and high schools close by, one bus ride from the LRT, close to Yellowhead Trail and downtown, and great shopping at Londonderry Mall.
It’s a great place to grow!
Soccer Director Needed Immediately
Delwood is without a soccer director as of June 2019. We hope that a Soccer Director can be found as soon as possible so we can prepare for the outdoor season. Previously, we have had two directors to share the work and would support that again.
Soccer Director(s) Duties
- Report to Delwood’s Sports director.
- Set registration dates and conduct registrations in the late winter and late summer for the outdoor and indoor seasons.
- Collect registration fees and supply deposits to Delwood’s Treasurer.
- Assist where needed, helping parents with special funding programs.
- Build teams for certain age categories U5-U19. Find coaches/managers for the teams – usually for the younger teams.
- Create and manage teams on the soccer association’s website portal for Delwood.
- Transfer players in and out of Delwood as required.
- Ensure the current inventory of jerseys and shorts are in good condition. Maintain the inventory of equipment which is supplied to each coach.
- Arrange for team pictures/trophies/socks for teams.
- Attend planning sessions for the soccer association held in mid-winter. Possibly attend required directors meetings called by the soccer association.
- Delwood’s executive aid in assisting with the registration process each season. The former soccer director(s) are willing to mentor the new director(s) to aid with learning the processes that exist. The soccer association also provides training/support to new directors as well as other community soccer directors can provide assistance.
Previously, we have had two directors to share the work. If you are interested in this position, please contact Al Clark at
email@example.com or 780-475-0028.